Tuesday, 6 November 2012

OAB error : 0x8004010f in Exchange 2010.

Guys,
I am sharing a case which i faced with one of my client exchange and same we have fixed it.
Problem was ...After transitioning of Exchange  2007 to Exchange 2010. Users were not able to download OAB , most of time either process stuck or hang and give failure result with error code 0x8004010.

Here are the steps what we did to fix the same :-
a) First of all we have removed the Web.config file from OAB folder of new server.
b) We ran command (C:windows\System32\inetsrv\appcmd set config "default web site/OAB" /section:httpredirect /enabled:false-commit:apphost) to disable redirection from OAB virtual directory.

c) We deleted and recreated the OAB Virtual Directory.
d) We took the registry backup and removed the registry WinhttpSettings
(HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections\WinhttpSettings)

e) We added the self replica and updated the Default Offline Address Book and restarted the System Attendant and File Distribution services.
f) We found OAB version 2, 3a and 4 has been created but there was no self replica was added.

g) We deleted all the OAB created by Customer and created altogether new OAB successfully and pointed to database.

h) We were getting event id 9107 that states that OAB generation has been finished but not getting OAB version 2,3a,4.
i) We found LZX files getting generated under the new GUID folder under "ExchangeOAB" folder.
j) We started MS Exchange IS service then we were able to download the OAB successfully





Thanks
Amit Rawat
View Amit Rawat's profile on LinkedIn

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts.
    Network Security Projects for CSE

    JavaScript Training in Chennai

    Project Centers in Chennai

    JavaScript Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete