Advantage of Using Outlook Anywhere:-
- Users have remote access to Exchange servers from the Internet without VPN and getting into LAN.
- You can use the same URL and namespace that you use for Outlook Web App(OWA).
- You can use the same Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) server certificate that you use for Outlook Web App.
- Unauthenticated requests from Outlook can't access Exchange servers.
Testing Outlook Anywhere Connectivity:-
- Running the Test-OutlookConnectivity cmdlet. The cmdlet tests for Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP) and TCP/IP connections. If the cmdlet test fails, the output notes the step that failed.
- Running the Outlook Anywhere connectivity test using the Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer (ExRCA). When you run this test, you get a detailed summary showing where the test failed and what steps you can take to fix issues.
- You can test this through this site https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/.